Mountain Accommodations FAQ
Our Advantage: Service, Quality, Security & Selection
What are Travel Partners?
- Our Travel Partners are a select group of Property Management Companies, Resorts and Individual Owners. We choose our Partners because they offer the highest standards of quality and service.
What Service does Canadian Vacation Homes provide?
- By representing a large inventory of property management companies as well as individual owners we offer a unique one stop shop experience. Let us do all the work to find you the perfect property.
Do I pay more using Canadian Vacation Homes
versus going direct?
- No, we directly represent each of our partners, therefore we are able to offer the same competitive rates with faster service and more options.
What is a vacation rental?
- Vacation rentals offer an alternative to the traditional hotel-style family vacations. These Private Homes, Chalets and Resorts offer more space and amenities; such as fully equipped kitchens, private swimming pools and hot tubs, as well as a more private environment without the annoyances of noisy hotels.
- You'll be able to personally select the property you want, based on your individual needs. Whether you're looking for a family getaway or a romantic weekend for two, vacation rentals offer more selection, more amenities, more space and less hassle than a hotel.
What does a Vacation Rental include?
- All of our vacation home properties include; fully equipped kitchens, quality linens, towels and many more unique amenities. Just bring your clothes, your food and yourselves.
What about House Cleaning?
- Our properties are professionally cleaned between rentals. Additional cleaning services can be provided, please inquire with our agents.
- Upon check-out, our guests are expected to leave their rental property in a tidy state, put all garbage in the designated area, load any remaining dishes into the dishwasher and run the final cycle upon departure.
- Guests that leave their property in a dirty state or do not follow instuctions regarding garbage or other check-out procedures can expect an additional cleaning fee to be charged against their damage deposit which is noted in the rental agreement.
What do I need to bring?
- Food & drinks, including condiments and all the extras. In accordance with Canadian Health standards, owners are not able to provide any food products.
- Clothes and personal items. Some owners will provide extras such as shampoo and conditioner, however, they are not required to and these items can be expensive when purchased on-site at resorts.
How do I make a reservation?
- To complete a reservation you need to speak with one of our vacation agents. An email authorization must be completed by the guest. We will take a deposit of 50% upon booking. Balance will be due up to 120 days prior to arrival. You will then receive an email confirmation. Directions and check in information is also sent prior to arrival.
Is there a damage deposit?
- There is a minimum of $500 damage deposit on each property. We will pre-authorize a credit card during your stay, your card will not be charged unless there are damages, excesive cleaning costs or violations of the rental agreement.
What kind of Security do I have
that protects my monies paid?
- Canadian Vacation Homes Ltd. / American Vacation Homes Corp. is an accredited Travel Company with BPCPA, your money is held in Trust –License #34873.
How do I check availability?
- Availability can change minute to minute, for the most accurate availability speak to one of our Vacation Agents, submit an online inquiry or try our online chat.
Do I have to book a Chalet or
vacation home months in advance?
- We always recommend you book your vacation home as soon as you find the one you like. Vacation Homes are not like hotel rooms they are extremely limited and in most cases a one of a kind.
- If you are travelling during peak holiday dates, many of the most popular homes will start taking reservations up to 1 year in advance.
How do I check in?
- You will be sent directions and check in instructions upon final payment. Check in time for most of our properties is 4:00PM. and check out is 10:00AM.
What am I responsible for upon Check out?
- Each property will have a posted list of check out requirements. Most requirements include leaving the property tidy, towels in the bath tub and return of keys if required.
Quick Inquire For Available Properties
You may unsubscribe at any time.